Monday 11 October 2010

Intruder alert!

I am writing to you from the flower bed. We have been invaded. Not once, but twice.

The first time was a cheeky young thing which made it all the way up to Ooman's bedroom in the middle of the night and woke us all up. The Child and I soon saw him off. Such, I suppose, are the perils of a cat flap.

The second intruder was more promising. It only invaded the garden, not the flat. It ate most of Ooman's favourite plant. Judging by it's ears, there was no hope of sneaking up on it. It's nose kept twitching, like it was very nervous. It was very quick and came from Over The Fence, although its actual method of access was under the fence. It was twice my size and it smelled like...LUNCH!

I hope intruder #2 returns - I have the garden under surveillance and am only eating light meals. Well, I don't want to spoil what promises to be a perfect meal by over-indulging on kibbles, do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment